ErectaStep Industrial Stairs and Platform Systems are available in an endless array of configurations, based on five components that are OSHA-Compliant, always in stock and ready to ship. Proudly Made in the USA and built to last a lifetime, ErectaStep puts Sustainability front-and-center of our operations, and can help contribute to various LEED v4.1 credits
As the most widely used green building rating system in the world, LEED provides a framework for healthy, efficient, carbon and cost-saving green buildings. For more information about LEED v4.1, please visit: http://www.usgbc.org/
LEED v4.1 projects fall under the following categories:
- New Building Design and Construction (BD+C)
- Interior Design and Construction (ID+C)
- Building Operations and Maintenance (O+M)
- Cities and Communities
ErectaStep Systems can help contribute to several LEED v4.1 credits, including:
- MR: Sourcing of Raw Materials
- MR: Material Ingredient Reporting
- MR: Building Life-Cycle Impact Reduction
- MR: Construction & Demolition Waste Management
- EQ: Low-Emitting Materials
LEED v4.1 Credit Contributions (Direct)
Materials and Resources (MR)
Sourcing of Raw Materials Credit (1-2 Points)
ErectaStep Industrial Metal Stairs & Platforms are constructed of marine-grade Aluminum, which includes the following recycled content:*
|Aluminum Alloy||Total Recycled Content||Pre-Consumer Content||Post-Consumer Content|
Material Ingredients Credit – Option 1. Material Ingredient Reporting (1 Point)
ErectaStep has a published and complete Health Product Declaration (HPD) with full disclosure of known hazards of all substances present at or above 0.1% (1000 ppm) in compliance with the Health Product Declaration Open Standard. When installed as a permanent component of a building, the ErectaStep System contributes one whole product to the 20 different permanently installed products required for this credit.
Indoor Environmental Quality (EQ)
Low-Emitting Materials Credit (Up to 3 Points)
ErectaStep is an inherently non-emitting source of VOCs, as defined by LEED. When used in the interior of a project, ErectaStep can contribute to the requirement that a portion of materials on the building interior meet the low-emitting criteria of this credit.
Aluminum is 100% recyclable and can be recycled again and again without degrading its inherent value. Nearly 75% of all aluminum ever produced is still in use today.https://www.aluminum.org/sustainability
LEED v4.1 Credit Contributions (Indirect)
Materials and Resources (MR)
Building Life-Cycle Impact Reduction
ErectaStep Systems are constructed of marine-grade aluminum, which ensures a long lifespan and allows the systems to be repurposed within a building, and reused in new projects. This may help projects pursuing Option 1, Part 1 of this Credit if ErectaStep was previously installed in another project.
Construction and Demolition Waste Management
ErectaStep Systems are specifically designed and ordered for each space, thereby reducing or eliminating any excess materials at the jobsite. Furthermore, 10% of ErectaStep packaging is recyclable, and can help achieve established goals for waste diversion, including Option 1 of this credit.
Over the past 30 years, the North American aluminum industry has cut its carbon footprint by more than half.https://www.aluminum.org/sustainability
ErectaStep: Forward Thinking From the Ground Up
ErectaStep is committed to our Sustainability journey. We continually strive to improve the functionality and durability of our products, and reduce our impact on the planet. Here are a few ways we’re working towards a more sustainable future:
- ErectaStep Systems are built to last a lifetime. Our motto: Make it once –repurpose it, but never replace it.
- ErectaStep Systems are made of marine-grade aluminum, which doesn’t rust or require painting or other long-term maintenance. Our aluminum contains recycled content, and is infinitely recyclable.
- The lighter weight of aluminum ErectaStep Systems means that we can ship more efficiently, reducing transport emissions.
- ErectaStep System installation requires no machinery, as the components are easy to lift and bolt together using only hand tools.